Careers Programme and Student Entitlement
All students at Kearsley Academy are entitled to receive a programme of careers education, work-related learning, information, advice and guidance. This will be delivered at appropriate times to support decision making.
Teachers in the academy and qualified career professionals will support students’ career development in a number of ways including:
- Access to broad and balanced curriculum provision
- Have the opportunity to learn the different STEM subjects to help them gain entry to, and be more effective workers within, a wide range of careers (by the age of 14)
- To hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through Guided Pathway events, assemblies and group discussions and taster events;
- Understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses available. At points across the school year, a variety of employers and external providers are invited into Kearsley Academy to talk about different careers.
- Information and discussion in lessons and assemblies to help students make informed decisions about their future
- Access to careers advisers in a variety of ways including individual meetings, drop-in sessions, enrichment activities and on results days
- Careers information and I.T based careers programmes
- Information and updates on notice boards and the academy website
Parents can access careers support for their child in a variety of ways including:
- Individual meetings, drop-in sessions, Guided Pathway events, parents evenings and on results days
- Careers information and computer-based careers programmes
- Information and updates on the academy’s website
For further information please contact Mr R Hillier
Contact Number: 01204 332555
Email Address: [email protected]
The information on this page is due to be reviewed in September 2019.